
I saw this recipe on Allrecipes.com and had to try it. I never knew this bread was called Ciabatta bread. I've had it at restaurants and loved it, so when I saw it at Walmart I grabbed it! I love the texture of it. This makes four sandwiches, and if your not a huge fan of provolone cheese, try mozzarella or cream cheese.
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
8 slices provolone cheese (or whichever you choose)
1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
garlic or seasoned salt to taste
4 ciabatta sandwich squares (you could also use sub rolls)
Preheat an electric griddle or stovetop griddle over medium-high heat. On one half of the griddle, place the mushrooms, onion and peppers. On the other side place the roast beef. Cook and stir each group separately, chopping the beef into small pieces as it cooks, and seasoning with salt.
When veggies are tender and the beef is hot, place the slices of cheese over beef to melt. Scoop cheesy grilled beef onto bread and top with veggies. It's best to heat the bread in the oven first so it's warm and slightly toasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment