Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jalapeno Poppers

Our jalapenos are one of the few veggies that have survived in our garden. I had to come up with a way to use them and here it is! Yum!

Jalapeno peppers
Cream Cheese
Monetary Jack or Cheddar cheese shredded
cilantro
garlic salt (to taste)

Cut ends off peppers. Slice in half in a way that will allow them to lay flat. Make sure to take out all the seeds! Basically you mix equal parts of cream cheese and cheese. I used about 4 oz. cream cheese to 1/2 c. cheese for the amount of pepper below. Then add chopped cilantro and garlic salt. We LOVE cilantro so I added a few Tablespoons to mine. Fill the peppers with a generous amount (it's ok if it's about the rim. Lay them flat on a sprayed pan and bake just until cheese starts to bubble. About 10-15 minutes at 350.

No comments: