Friday, March 6, 2009

Dannielle's Chicken Enchiladas


I know what you are thinking...ANOTHER Enchilada recipe. But hey, it's good! In fact, I'm enjoying some leftovers while I write this post :)


2-3 C. Chopped cooked chicken
1 C. sour cream
1 (7oz.) can chopped green chilies
1/2-1 C. Chopped onions (I'll use 1/2 next time)
2 T. butter
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 C. Monteray Jack Cheese
10 flour tortilla's
1 can mild enchilada sauce (or I use the dry packets, they are WAY cheaper)
Green onion, tomatoes, lettuce and olives for the top

Combine chicken, sourcream & green chilies and set aside. In another pan saute onions in butter. Add Salt & 2 Cups of cheese to chicken mix. Dip tortillas in enchilada sauce to soften. Spoon mix into tortillas. Roll up and place in 9x13 greased pan. Cover with remaining cheese I dipped the rolled up tortilla in sauce also. Bake uncovered at 350 for about 20-30 minutes.

No comments: