This recipe was featured on Good Things Utah. I knew I HAD to try it. YUM, YUM!
2 pounds of chicken (I used tenders, they suggested kebabs, breasts would be fine, you decide)
Marinate:
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbls. olive oil
2 Tbls. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
Mix it all together and then place in large plastic bag with chicken. Put in fridge for about 4-6 hours. Preheat gas grill on medium heat. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
Sauce:
1 cup peeled roasted red peppers (canned or fresh) I bought some in a jar.
1/4 toasted almonds (you can toast them in the oven or over the stove, just until they are light brown)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 handful of croutons
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbls. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
Place it all in a food processor and whirl until pureed: sauce will be thick. Serve over chicken or dip your chicken in it. SO GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment