Thursday, October 23, 2008

Creamy White Chili


Kevin said this is one of the best soups he's ever had. We topped ours with Cilantro, because everythings better with cilantro! Also yummy with fritos crumbled on top.


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 med. onion, chopped
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 T. olive oil
2 cans Great Northern Beans, drained
1 can chicken broth
2 cans chopped green chilies
1 t. salt
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper-I don't usually put this in though
1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
1/2 cup whipping cream

Saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 min. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
Serves: 7

2 comments:

Lucky Me said...

I got this recipe from Shellie before we moved. I think she got it from Kelly. I LOVE it. So so good on a cold day.

Queen B. said...

sounds good. I make a lot of soup in the winter. I will try this for sure. thanks for sharing :)